Civils Heavyside & Hard Landscaping
PDM are a dedicated civils & drainage merchant with 10 branches stocking an extensive range of materials for delivery or collection. We are listed on the London stock exchange 250 market. We pride ourselves on our loyal, technical & knowledgeable staff located at all our depots who can provide added value technical advice and innovation. This ensures that our customer base can rely on the in-depth knowledge of the depot sales teams to offer technical advice, rapid material sourcing and competitive rates.
PDM works closely with major manufacturers to ensure customers receive the technical support they require. The company develops partnerships with its customers to offer cost-saving solutions and exceptional service. These key relationships include Marshalls, Polypipe, Marley, Wrekin, F.P.McCann, Marley, ACO, Kingspan and Clark Drain. We are recognised by the majority of these companies as their main stockholder in Scotland and regular review meetings to discuss market updates and innovation.
Our branches located throughout Scotland stock a dedicated stock profile of civils related materials to ensure a consistent product offering throughout our network of depots.
We can extend our product offering throughout the UK incorporating our Civils & Lintels Brand in England & Wales with 17 branches which is also serviced by a dedicated fleet of crane off load vehicles to ensure on time delivery across the UK.
We believe that one of the most fundamental areas in developing Partnerships /Relationships with our customer base is through regular dialogue and review meetings. This would allow us to understand preferred ordering systems, communicate contact points and most importantly discuss pending sites and scopes of works. PDM believe that we can enhance engineering value and innovation on projected sites by understanding materials requirements at an early stage.
Added Value / innovation
We understand the responsibility of added value and innovation and believe we can bring cost savings through I T Solutions and Innovation / Alternative Products.
An example we would like to highlight as an engineered, innovative solution is the “Easibase” which is an alternative to a standard concrete ring and offers reduced health & safety risk, reduced labour costs and is environmentally friendly. The product name is the F.P.McCann Easibase. The costs savings are achieved mainly through reduced labour costs
Easi-Base addresses a long-standing problem associated with traditional methods of manhole construction which were labour intensive, in-situ practices typically taking up to 36 hours are eliminated by the fully integrated unit which can be installed and connected in a matter of minutes.
Benefits of Easi-Base:
- An extremely fast, efficient and economical method of constructing manhole bases on site.
- WRc approved and accepted by main UK Water Authorities
- Significant Health and Safety benefits.
- An immediate watertight structure allowing for other trades to instantly follow on.
- Factory pre-fabrication provides quality finish to channeling and benching and enables accurate combinations and variations for entry/exit pipes.
- Connects with any type of pipe and is compatible with the new DN1200 130mm wide wall chamber ring
- Maintenance of channels and benches aided by clean access for inspection.
- Environmental benefits include both a reduction in excavated materials and imported ready mixed concrete and mortar.
- An 80 year guaranteed system.
Features of Easi-Base:
- The DN1200 Easi-Base is made to an internal diameter of 1200mm with tongue and groove joint profile to match standard DN1200 manhole chamber rings.
- Wall thickness is 150mm
PDM’s logistics knowledge ensures your delivery is made complete and on time utilising our extensive range of delivery vehicles. These include curtain sided vehicles, flat bedded vehicles and mechanical off load rigid vehicles. Local and expert knowledge on delivery locations makes our deliveries completed by using the shortest safest routes. All our drivers are fully trained to assess what is safest off-loading method specific to your site.