FP McCann’s precast concrete headwalls provide an ideal end connection point to outfall pipes into open watercourses such as rivers, culverts, collection and balancing pools.
They are a very efficient alternative to intrusive shuttering of soil embankments and costly on-site formwork with ready-mixed concrete, making them particularly suitable for use in hard to reach locations and in environmentally sensitive areas.
Where time constraints exist such as in tidal flow situations, concrete headwalls can be quickly positioned, secured and backfilled, providing immediate stability around the point of water discharge.
The FP McCann headwall range can accommodate pipe sizes from DN150 to DN2100 and is suitable for usage with box culverts. Additionally, accessories such as flap valves, penstocks, silt traps, handrails and safety grates can be built in as part of the specification.
A front weir wall can be fabricated onto any of the standard headwall range on request and installation is quick and easy.
- Headwalls are designed and manufactured to BS EN 13369 & EC2 standards
- Prefabricated off-site
- Speedy and efficient to install
- Durable, long-lasting and low maintenance
- No on-site shuttering or formwork required
- Provides immediate stability and prevents soil erosion
- Valve and safety accessories available
- Cost-effective solution
- Significantly reduces the potential for floating debris to block the watercourse
- Flap valves and grates available
- Reduces carbon footprint as no need to bring in lorries to the site to pour in-situ
- The extended toe unit is available for all sizes making the entire headwall range compliant with Sewers for Adoption (SFA) and Sewers for Scotland
- Complete lifting anchors as per the table below